Staff Accountant (3-5 years)
If you’re looking for opportunities, it’s time to talk to Payne Nickles! We’re a regional accounting firm with an aggressive growth strategy. We strive toward providing ‘”creative” services to our clients. That means having the ability to visualize new approaches and provide feedback that expands our clients’ perspective. We are first of all CPAs, as well astrusted business advisors for our clients. We serve our clients through practical business advice predicated on our knowledge of our clients’ overall financial situation.
At Payne Nickles, you’ll work with a team of professionals within the firm and have access to resources for your professional growth. Because we serve a broad base of industries with a variety of engagements, you’ll get invaluable work experience and exposure to a wide range of professional opportunities. We also specialize in the unique needs of individuals that own small businesses, farms or enjoy a high net worth. Responsibilities of the Staff Accountant include financial statement preparation and the preparation of a variety of individual and business tax returns. This position includes direct client contact with the ability to work independently with appropriate oversight.
Your specific duties as a Staff Accountant will include:
- Tax preparation
- Financial statement preparation
- Business consulting
- Assist with bookkeeping issues
- Assist with payroll issues
- IRS Notice/Audit compliance
- Estate planning
- Trust planning
- Business valuation
As a Staff Accountant, you must be self-motivated and ambitious. You must also be highly organized and detail-oriented with strong time management skills and the ability to effectively balance speed and accuracy. It is also important that you have excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to get along well with coworkers.
Your Specific Qualifications As a Staff Accountant Include
- CPA or CPA eligible
- Minimum Bachelors Degree, Master of Tax preferred
- 3-5 years public accounting experience
- Must be able to handle multiple engagements
- Excellent research and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and be success oriented
- Ability to work with a variety of software packages is a plus, tax software UltraTax CS, Thompson Reuters.
- Tax compliance experience with individuals, partnerships, corporations and non-profits
- Experienced researching complex tax issues, and preparing the necessary notes and memos. Confident working with clients. Some review experience.
- Assist in compiling financial data, preparing journal entries and ensuring all financial reports and statements are complete and accurate.
We are a well-established rapidly growing regional CPA and Business Consulting Firm specializing in tax and business consulting for small to medium size organizations. We are located in both Norwalk and Sandusky.
Why Payne Nickles & Company?
We invest in our team’s well-being and success. We offer a great place to work in an attractive environment with competitive wages and benefits. At Payne Nickles & Company, you will not only work with great people who have each other’s backs, but you will also experience rewarding career opportunities. Our employees have the satisfaction of knowing that their contributions directly impact the lives of the firm’s clients and their businesses.
How to apply?
If you or someone you know is interested, please send your resume and salary requirements to:
Leisha Rospert, Leishar@pncpa.biz