Office Administrator Job Description
Payne Nickles is a well-established rapidly growing regional firm of CPAs and Business Advisors specializing in tax and business consulting for closely held companies. We have office locations in Norwalk and Sandusky. Our services are geared to improving the business and financial lives of our clients.
Do you enjoy talking with customers and employees? Do you enjoy working with numbers and details? Are you just a bit obsessive about being organized and efficient? Join our team! Our Office Administrator role will consist of a variety of responsibilities, and the desired applicant will have great communication and organization skills, a desire to help others, be able to multi-task and manage time well.
- Supervise scheduling, workflow and performance of small administration team
- Payroll and benefits administration (50 person team, bi-weekly payroll)
- Bookkeeping services for the firm – check writing, budgeting, preparation of firm financial statements, payroll and payroll reports, quarterly tax returns, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and depreciation schedules
- Human resources support – firm events, onboarding documents, maintaining personnel policies and documentation
- Office management – managing inventory, overseeing technology systems, maintaining files, insurances, building needs
- Office workflow – standardize systems, monitoring tax deadlines, confidential client intake, requests to/from clients, document delivery and payments
- Client-focused service – answering phone calls, scheduling appointments, and responding to client requests
- Assistance as needed with a variety of administrative duties including data entry and meeting preparation
The Office Administrator supports and reports to the firm Chief Operating Officer.
- Associate’s degree or higher level of education, business, human resources, or accounting degree preferred
- Accounting familiarity, experience with Sage preferred
- Enjoys numbers, details, and related work
- Ability to meet deadlines, stay organized, and be self-disciplined
- Desire to learn, improve and advance with the firm
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel & Adobe
- Ability to work with a variety of software packages, such as practice management software PCS, Thompson Reuters, Zoom, Constant Contact and Microsoft Office
- Experience in an accounting firm or tax preparation office, preferred
- 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday
- Extended hours during tax season
- Shortened hours Memorial Day to Labor Day
Email a resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt.